Instructional Computer Facility
Welcome to the instructional computer facility for undergraduate engineering majors. On this site you can get help with technical issues, report problems, download software, and reserve equipment & rooms.
Help and Support
- Lab monitors will have regularly schedule hours in the instructional computing lab.
- Click here for a lists of the lab monitors' hours.
- Please contact the lab monitor for help and support with any issues.
- You can report a problem using our online form.
- Or you may also email us with any issues or concerns.
- Only engineering concentrators or students registered for engineering courses have access to the computing facilities.
- Please refer to the CIS page regarding strong passwords:
- 30 Minutes Auto Logoff Policy - Due to security concerns of users not logging off properly in the facility we have implemented a 30 minutes auto logoff policy.
- Windows will logoff automatically when the computer stays idle for 30 minutes.
- Any running applications or opened files will be closed without saving.
- If you do need to leave the computer for more than 30 minutes please save work and log off to avoid issues.
- Pawprints printers are available from the workstations by default. For further information, please see the CIS PAWPrints page:
User's Home Directory
- The user's home directory will be automatically mapped to the U: drive.
- User's My Documents and Desktop will be redirected to user's Home Directory.
Temporary Work Spaces and Scratch Folders
- D:\TEMP, D:\TMP, D:\Scratch and D:\Working Folder are the temporary work spaces and scratch folders for programs or projects that require larger space.
- Please note that all temporary work space and scratch folder contents are removed at logoff.