Instructional Computer Facility
Welcome to the Undergraduate Instructional Computer Facility. On this site you can get help with technical issues, report problems, download software, and reserve equipment & rooms.
Occasionally, part or all of BH191 is used for class instruction.
Classes Scheduled in BH191
- When only half of the room is needed, the classes will use the A-side (the side without windows), which will allow unrestricted access to the black and white printers located on the B-side. On the unusual occasions when the entire space is in use, please plan your work around the brief interruption in access. Classes and dates are listed below.
- ENGN0030 - Entire Lab in use - please plan accordingly
- 9:00-10:30 AM and 2:30-4:00 PM on 9/29, 10/1
- ENGN1750 - A-side only used.
In addition, on "Lab" dates students may mix in with ENGN1740 students.
On lecture dates, please use only the B-side of lab.
- Fridays from 11:00-12:00 and 3:00-4:00 PM
- Lecture Sessions: 9/25, 10/2, 10/16, 10/30, 11/13
- Lab Sessions: 9/25, 10/9, 10/23, 11/6, 11/20, 11/27, 12/4
Help and Support
- Lab monitors will have regularly schedule hours in the instructional computing lab.
- Click here for a lists of the lab monitors' hours.
- Please contact the lab monitor for help and support with any issues.
- You can report a problem using our online form.
- Or you may also email us with any issues or concerns.
- Only engineering concentrators or students registered for engineering courses have access to the computing facilities.
- Please refer to the CIS page regarding strong passwords:
- 30 Minutes Auto Logoff Policy - Due to security concerns of users not logging off properly in the facility we have implemented a 30 minutes auto logoff policy.
- Windows will logoff automatically when the computer stays idle for 30 minutes.
- Any running applications or opened files will be closed without saving.
- If you do need to leave the computer for more than 30 minutes please save work and log off to avoid issues.
- Pawprints printers are available from the workstations by default. For further information, please see the CIS PAWPrints page:
User's Home Directory
- The user's home directory will be automatically mapped to the U: drive.
- User's My Documents and Desktop will be redirected to user's Home Directory.
Temporary Work Spaces and Scratch Folders
- D:\TEMP, D:\TMP, D:\Scratch and D:\Working Folder are the temporary work spaces and scratch folders for programs or projects that require larger space.
- Please note that all temporary work space and scratch folder contents are removed at logoff.